Sunday, May 3, 2009

Viking Kitties

My first fostering experience was with a batch of kittens who had lost their mother at a very young age--3 or 4 weeks old. They cried every time they heard me move! Always wanting food. . . feed me feed me feed me they mewed. They slept a lot too. And boy were they cute. I call them the viking kitties because of their red hair and so I named two of them--Erik the Viking (who liked to sleep in his food) and Brunhilde. The smallest red one I named Golda after Golda Meir and the black kitty I named Malcolm mostly because my nephew wanted me too. He had a cat with the same name that was also black, but his cat had passed on.

Here are some photos of that batch of fun-ness






Erik had such issues with food I put down cardboard to keep it off the carpet. He was a real fatty by the time he left a few short weeks later.






That Golda was a sweety.

I wonder where these little fluff balls are and how they are doing.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, adorable! I've had this craving lately to accidentally find some baby kitties and have to bottle feed them. And I'm not even a cat person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so rewarding! But hard to let them go!

    ReplyDelete