Monday, April 20, 2009

Got my puppy fix... *sigh*

This is a guest post from Heather Cherry' blog (great blog, so be sure an check it out!). Heather is helping to rescue animals in her neck of the woods, read on:
______________

I helped with a rescue transport this weekend. That's where an adoptable dog or group of dogs makes their way across the country from a high-kill shelter to a rescue or forever home by means of a not-so-underground doggie railroad of sorts. One person drives a leg of the route, hands the dogs off to the next and so on. Since I drive the World's Smallest Car Ever TM and, therefore, can't transport crates, I try to help out with overnights as much as possible. So I had 3 extra pibble kids stay with me last night. They arrived after 10 p.m. and then left for Minnesota this morning around 9 a.m.


One of them, Heidi, was only about 4 months old and so shy and fearful. She was so sweet and it made me sad to see that at some point humans have done something to make her so afraid of them. As soon as I put her on the ground to potty, she just cowered. So I plopped myself down on the grass next to her and just gave her some time to get used to me. Eventually she was crawling into my lap and climbing up my chest to give me kisses on my mouf. Sadly, I had a cold and couldn't smell anything so I didn't get to partake in the sniffing of puppy breath. :o( But all in all it was a rewarding 12 hours and I was sad to see the babies go but excited for them to go to their new homes.








Yea for rescue! And yea for MARS. They rule.

Posted by Heather Cherry

3 comments:

  1. Hey there... that puppy's awful cute but who the heck is that lovely chick in the last two photos?

    *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Heather Cherry's in the house! :)

    ReplyDelete